Atlanta Wrongful Death Attorney
Atlanta Wrongful Deaths
Losing a loved one due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness is an agonizing experience. You are grieving the loss of your loved one and dealing with bills related to the wrongful death. At the same time, the insurance company doesn’t want to provide fair compensation and might even be bullying you to take a small settlement. Fortunately, you don’t have to go through this by yourself. We will help you navigate the process and advocate for your loved one by filing a claim against the party responsible for the wrongful death.
Compensation From Wrongful Death Claims
You might be eligible to collect economic and non-economic damages when you file a wrongful death claim. Collecting damages does not turn back time and bring your loved one back. However, it allows you to get justice for the person you lost while covering the expenses incurred because of the wrongful death.
Possible damages include:
- Medical expenses
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of future income
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of retirement benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
What expenses can be compensated?
Why choose greathouse law?
- Free Consultation – Tell Us What Happened & See If You Have A Case And What It Might Be Worth. We do consultations by phone and virtually.
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Over 100 Google Reviews. 10.0/10.0 with 5-Star rating on respected legal website Avvo.
- Highly Responsive – We pride ourselves in fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- Efficient – Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get you your money faster.
- No Case Is Too Difficult or Complex – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matters. We do what is necessary even in difficult cases.
- Straight Shooters – You’ve made an important decision in your life. We respect you for that. Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get your life back to normal sooner.
- Caring & Compassionate (truly) – We’re sorry for what happened to you or your loved one. Our team is incredibly experienced, and they truly understand the complications that Personal Injury can bring upon a family.
- Personalized Attention – We understand and respect that every client’s needs are unique. We treat all of our clients with the attention they deserve.
- We Keep You Updated – Transparency is key. We want you to know what’s happening with your case at all points in the process.
- Flexible Meeting Times – To accommodate your busy schedule.
- No Fee Unless You Win – No attorney fees or costs unless we win your case.
- Atlanta & All Georgia – Our office is in Atlanta but we accept cases everywhere in Georgia.
- 2nd Opinions Available – Already have a lawyer? Let us provide you a 2nd opinion on your case.
- Available 24/7 – We answer the phone literally 24 hours a day 7 days a week. You may also contact us by the form on this page.
Wrongful Death Claim Basics
Following a wrongful death, the defendant’s insurance company will investigate the case and attempt to refute the claim. The insurance company might try to prove that the defendant didn’t owe the deceased a duty of care or the death wasn’t related to negligence. After investigating the claim, the insurance company might attempt to get the court to dismiss the charges or the plaintiff to settle for a small amount of money. Do not agree to a settlement before consulting with an experienced wrongful death attorney.
When you consult with an attorney, you can decide if you want to attempt to settle out of court or move forward with a lawsuit. While many cases are successfully settled outside of court, some must be legislated to allow victims to receive fair compensation. No matter which direction your case takes, your attorney will work to honor your loved one and bring the defendant to justice.
Wrongful deaths occur due to various reasons in Atlanta. Often, wrongful deaths are due to medical malpractice. Health care providers must meet the standard of care when diagnosing and treating patients. When they fail to do so, the consequences can be tragic. Atlanta residents have suffered many forms of medical malpractice, including misdiagnosis, failure to treat a condition, and surgical errors. Birth injuries are also quite common and can lead to wrongful death cases.
Other causes of wrongful death include car accidents, dog bites, slips and falls, nursing home abuse, and workplace accidents. If your loved one was the victim of wrongful death, you can seek justice by filing a personal injury claim against the responsible party.
“As a former felony prosecutor, I believe that there is no fight that is too small or too big to fight when seeking justice for my clients.”
Do I have a case?
If you lost your loved one due to someone else’s negligence, you might have a wrongful death claim. The court must receive your filing before the statute of limitations on wrongful death lawsuits is up. If you don’t file it in time, you won’t be eligible to receive compensation. Wrongful death cases also have additional requirements, such as proving a duty of care and the correlation between the negligence and the wrongful death. You must act swiftly to preserve the evidence and file a claim. Begin by speaking to an experienced wrongful death attorney to find out if you have a legal claim.
How much is my case worth?
Each wrongful death claim has distinct characteristics. The damages you are eligible to receive are based on different factors, including the circumstances surrounding the death, the degree of negligence, and other contributing elements. Your attorney will investigate the wrongful death claim and then provide an estimate of how much you can expect to collect.
We have a history of successfully collecting economic and non-economic damages for families in wrongful death cases. At the same time, we help people honor their loved ones’ memories by bringing the responsible parties to justice.
Many people throughout Atlanta, GA and its suburbs ride bicycles both for transportation and enjoyment. Unfortunately, this…
Injuries at work can happen anywhere – even in the comfort of your own home. You may…
Injuries in the workplace can be devastating, especially when they put you out of work. While work…