Atlanta Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Atlanta Motorcycle Accidents
Because motorcycles aren’t enclosed like other vehicles, accidents are more traumatic and often cause life-changing injuries. If you’ve suffered a motorcycle accident, your first course of action is getting your life back together. That might include undergoing extensive surgeries, taking time off work, and getting ample rest. Even if you aren’t working, the medical bills continue to come in, and the at-fault driver’s insurance company doesn’t want to compensate you. This is adding to your stress and might be hurting your mental health. Don’t shoulder this burden by yourself. With our firm by your side, you can focus on healing while we file a claim against the party responsible and help you collect compensation to pay for your medical bills, lost wages, and more.
Common injuries from motorcycle accidents
Motorcycle accident injuries are often extremely serious and can be fatal. Most injuries are to the legs or feet, and around 22 percent of victims suffer moderate to heavy injuries to the chest, neck, and head. Common injuries include:
What expenses can be compensated?
Why choose greathouse law?
- Free Consultation – Tell Us What Happened & See If You Have A Case And What It Might Be Worth. We do consultations by phone and virtually.
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Over 100 Google Reviews. 10.0/10.0 with 5-Star rating on respected legal website Avvo.
- Highly Responsive – We pride ourselves in fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- Efficient – Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get you your money faster.
- No Case Is Too Difficult or Complex – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matters. We do what is necessary even in difficult cases.
- Straight Shooters – You’ve made an important decision in your life. We respect you for that. Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get your life back to normal sooner.
- Caring & Compassionate (truly) – We’re sorry for what happened to you or your loved one. Our team is incredibly experienced, and they truly understand the complications that Personal Injury can bring upon a family
- Personalized Attention – We understand and respect that every client’s needs are unique. We treat all of our clients with the attention they deserve.
- We Keep You Updated – Transparency is key. We want you to know what’s happening with your case at all points in the process.
- Flexible Meeting Times – To accommodate your busy schedule.
- No Fee Unless You Win – No attorney fees or costs unless we win your case.
- Atlanta & All Georgia – Our office is in Atlanta but we accept cases everywhere in Georgia.
- 2nd Opinions Available – Already have a lawyer? Let us provide you a 2nd opinion on your case.
- Available 24/7 – We answer the phone literally 24 hours a day 7 days a week. You may also contact us by the form on this page.
Motorcycle Accident Claim Basics
After suffering a motorcycle accident, the other driver’s insurance company will quickly get to work, investigating the case. Depending on what the insurance company finds, it will likely choose one of two courses of action. It will attempt to avoid paying any compensation or try to get you to accept a small settlement, regardless of the severity of your injuries. If you agree to a settlement offer, you cannot seek further damages. It’s critical that you do not accept a settlement before consulting with a motorcycle accident attorney.
Many people think they have to file a lawsuit if they consult with an attorney, but that isn’t the case. Instead, your attorney will explore your options and help you choose the best path forward, whether that’s a settlement or a lawsuit. Either way, your attorney will be at your side, ensuring that your rights are protected during the process.
Approximately 56 percent of motorcycle accidents occur between a motorcycle and another vehicle. Unfortunately, around 78 percent of these accidents are head-on collisions, which cause significant injuries and can be fatal. Often, these accidents happen due to distracted driving or because the motorists didn’t see the motorcycle.
Motorcycle accidents can also be caused by lane splitting, which increases the collision rate on the roadways. The reduced space can cause motorists to hit motorcyclists on the side. Other causes include driving under the influence and failing to obey traffic laws. If you’ve been the victim of a motorcycle accident, you need to consult with an attorney to find out if you have a claim against the other driver.
“As a former felony prosecutor, I believe that there is no fight that is too small or too big to fight when seeking justice for my clients.”
Do I have a case?
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident due to the recklessness or negligence of another driver, you may have a case. Your case must be filed before the statute of limitations on personal injury cases is up. You also must meet other conditions to file a successful case against the at-fault driver. To begin the process, consult with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney. Your attorney will evaluate the evidence and help you receive compensation for your injuries.
How much is my case worth?
Because each situation is different, an experienced motorcycle accident attorney must evaluate your case to determine how much compensation you deserve. Compensation is based on different factors, including the value of your lost property, your past and future medical bills, and the reduction in your quality of life. Also, if you share any of the fault for the accident, that will factor into the monetary award. Consult with an attorney to find out how much you can expect to collect due to your accident.
Injuries at work can happen anywhere – even in the comfort of your own home. You may…
Injuries in the workplace can be devastating, especially when they put you out of work. While work…
Aggressive drivers are dangerous, and road rage can lead to severe incidents. When on the road, it’s…