Atlanta Hit-and-Run-Accident Lawyer
Atlanta Hit-and-Run Accidents
Hit-and-run accidents are among the most traumatizing for victims. You can’t help but feel violated when someone hits you when you’re driving, riding your bicycle, or walking and flees the scene. Whether the accident resulted in property damage or a severe injury, you want to bring the driver to justice. This isn’t easy, though. The police have to find the at-fault driver, leaving you with more questions than answers as you work to rebuild your life. If the police don’t find the perpetrator, you can still file a claim with your insurance company. If the police find the driver, you can seek additional damages by filing a personal injury claim against the at-fault driver. With the help of a legal team, you can collect both economic and noneconomic damages.
Common Injuries from Hit-and-Run Accidents
Hit-and-run accidents cause a multitude of serious injuries. Injuries can reduce the quality of life for the long term and can even be life-threatening. Common injuries from hit-and-run accidents include:
What expenses can be compensated?
Why choose greathouse law?
- Free Consultation – Tell Us What Happened & See If You Have A Case And What It Might Be Worth. We do consultations by phone and virtually.
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Over 100 Google Reviews. 10.0/10.0 with 5-Star rating on respected legal website Avvo.
- Highly Responsive – We pride ourselves in fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- Efficient – Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get you your money faster.
- No Case Is Too Difficult or Complex – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matters. We do what is necessary even in difficult cases.
- Straight Shooters – You’ve made an important decision in your life. We respect you for that. Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get your life back to normal sooner.
- Caring & Compassionate (truly) – We’re sorry for what happened to you or your loved one. Our team is incredibly experienced, and they truly understand the complications that Personal Injury can bring upon a family
- Personalized Attention – We understand and respect that every client’s needs are unique. We treat all of our clients with the attention they deserve.
- We Keep You Updated – Transparency is key. We want you to know what’s happening with your case at all points in the process.
- Flexible Meeting Times – To accommodate your busy schedule.
- No Fee Unless You Win – No attorney fees or costs unless we win your case.
- Atlanta & All Georgia – Our office is in Atlanta but we accept cases everywhere in Georgia.
- 2nd Opinions Available – Already have a lawyer? Let us provide you a 2nd opinion on your case.
- Available 24/7 – We answer the phone literally 24 hours a day 7 days a week. You may also contact us by the form on this page.
Hit-and-Run Accident Claim Basics
If you are the victim of a hit-and-run accident, law enforcement and your legal team will pour over evidence to find the at-fault driver. This can include examining accident reports, witness accounts, and surveillance footage. Once identified, you can file a claim to collect damages. Then, the at-fault driver’s attorney will investigate the case, attempting to gather evidence that shows the person wasn’t the driver or you were at fault. After investigating, the defendant’s insurance company might extend a settlement offer to you. Expect the first offer to be much lower than what you deserve. To ensure your rights are protected and to avoid settling for less than you deserve, consult with a hit-and-run accident attorney.
When you consult with an attorney, he or she will go over your options. Depending on the case and the evidence, your attorney might recommend settling. However, if a settlement doesn’t work, your attorney can file a lawsuit, so you can collect the economic and noneconomic damages.
Hit-and-run car accidents occur for various reasons. Often, the driver fails to pay attention or obey traffic laws, causing an accident. Then, the driver flees the scene because he or she has something to hide. The at-fault driver might have an outstanding warrant or is driving without insurance. The driver might not have a valid license or could be driving under the influence.
Other times, the driver leaves the scene because he or she was engaging in a dangerous activity that caused the accident. For instance, people who cause an accident due to texting and driving might not stop. Regardless of why the driver fled the scene, victims can file a personal injury claim to recover damages.
Do I have a case?
If you were the victim of a hit-and-run accident that damaged your property, pets, or yourself, you can file a claim against the responsible party. However, there are criteria that you must meet to have a successful claim. First, you must file the case before the statute of limitations is up in the state of Georgia. You also must meet additional conditions, such as proving that the other driver was at fault and caused damages. Because of the complexity of these cases, it’s wise to hire an experienced hit-and-run accident attorney for help.
How much is my case worth?
Different factors go into determining how much your hit-and-run case is worth. For instance, if the at-fault driver committed a misdemeanor hit and run without any injuries, your case would be worth less than if the driver committed a felony, and you were hurt. The circumstances surrounding the accidents and other factors also weigh into how much you can recover. To find out how much your case is worth, you need to consult with an attorney.
Our firm has helped numerous hit-and-run victims recover economic and non-economic damages. With our help, you can fight to collect damages.
Imagine entrusting your health to a professional, only to be met with negligence. It’s a grim reality…
As a construction worker in Georgia, you play an instrumental role in shaping the infrastructure that keeps…
Have you ever wondered why some personal injury cases captivate an entire nation? Personal injury cases are…