Atlanta Premises Liability Lawyer
Atlanta Premises Liability Accidents
Whether you are visiting a private home or a public business, you expect to be safe. Property owners have a duty to keep their property free of hazards, so people don’t get injured. Sadly, some fail to uphold that duty. If you’ve been hurt at a private home, a grocery store, or somewhere else, you’re likely feeling overwhelmed. You want to heal from your injury as quickly as possible, so you need medical care. However, the insurance company doesn’t want to cooperate with you. You don’t want to pay your medical bills yourself, especially if you’re out of work. Fortunately, you can have a partner in your fight against the insurance company. When you partner with our firm, you will have a fierce advocate at your side, so you can collect the damages you need to pay your medical bills and get back on your feet. The process will begin by filing a premises liability claim against the party responsible.
Common Injuries from Premises Liability Accidents
People suffer from a wide variety of injuries due to premises liability accidents. Common injuries include:
What expenses can be compensated?
Your Information Is Safe With Us
We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.
Why choose greathouse law?
- Free Consultation – Tell Us What Happened & See If You Have A Case And What It Might Be Worth. We do consultations by phone and virtually.
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Over 100 Google Reviews. 10.0/10.0 with 5-Star rating on respected legal website Avvo.
- Highly Responsive – We pride ourselves in fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- Efficient – Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get you your money faster.
- No Case Is Too Difficult or Complex – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matters. We do what is necessary even in difficult cases.
- Straight Shooters – You’ve made an important decision in your life. We respect you for that. Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get your life back to normal sooner.
- Caring & Compassionate (truly) – We’re sorry for what happened to you or your loved one. Our team is incredibly experienced, and they truly understand the complications that Personal Injury can bring upon a family
- Personalized Attention – We understand and respect that every client’s needs are unique. We treat all of our clients with the attention they deserve.
- We Keep You Updated – Transparency is key. We want you to know what’s happening with your case at all points in the process.
- Flexible Meeting Times – To accommodate your busy schedule.
- No Fee Unless You Win – No attorney fees or costs unless we win your case.
- Atlanta & All Georgia – Our office is in Atlanta but we accept cases everywhere in Georgia.
- 2nd Opinions Available – Already have a lawyer? Let us provide you a 2nd opinion on your case.
- Available 24/7 – We answer the phone literally 24 hours a day 7 days a week. You may also contact us by the form on this page.
Premises Liability Claim Basics
The insurance company for the property owner will conduct a thorough investigation after a premises liability accident to determine fault. Multiple factors are often involved in premises liability cases, including poor construction, faulty building materials, and employee negligence. The insurance company might claim that the property was safe or that the owner wasn’t aware of the problem. The company might even claim that the property owner fixed the hazard as soon as he or she was made aware of it. Then, the insurance company might refuse to pay damages or offer an extremely low settlement that won’t pay all of your expenses. Never accept a settlement without consulting with an experienced premises liability attorney.
When you consult with an attorney, he or she will go over your options. You can attempt to settle the case or go to court. Your attorney will explain which option is right for your circumstances. Then, you can proceed, so you can collect damages for your injury. With an attorney’s help, you can receive compensation to cover your expenses today and in the future.
Premises Liability Accidents
Premises liability accidents occur on both private and public property. Common causes include dog bites, slips and falls, collapsed decks, and falling over objects. You can also suffer an injury due to defective doors, poor security, or exposure to toxic materials. Violent acts are also considered premises liability accidents.
This list is far from all-inclusive. Different situations can occur on private and public property. If the property owner was negligent and failed to keep you safe, you are the victim of a premises liability accident. You can file a personal injury claim against the property owner to collect compensation for your injuries. You might be eligible for compensation, even if you are partially at fault for the accident.
“As a former felony prosecutor, I believe that there is no fight that is too small or too big to fight when seeking justice for my clients.”
Do I have a case?
If you or a loved one were injured on public or private property due to the owner’s negligence, you might have a claim. Premises liability cases must be filed before the statute of limitations runs out. Successful claims must meet additional criteria, as well. Additional criteria include proving liability and that the accident led to the injury. An experienced premises liability attorney can evaluate the evidence and let you know if you have a case against the property owner. If you do have a case, your attorney will help you take the next steps.
How much is my case worth?
Your attorney can evaluate the evidence and estimate how much your case is worth during the consultation. Various factors go into determining the value of the case, including your degree of fault, if any. Other factors include the severity of your injury, past and future medical bills, and lost wages. The property owner’s degree of negligence also factors into the damages.
Our firm has a record of successfully settling and litigating premises liability cases. We understand the evidence necessary to achieve a successful outcome that includes compensation for economic losses and noneconomic damages.
Your Information Is Safe With Us
We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question
or to schedule an appointment if requested.
5 Spring Break Safety Tips for Families from an Experienced Atlanta, GA Personal Injury Attorney
The kids are out of school for a week, and you’re planning a family trip for spring…
An Experienced Atlanta Workers’ Comp Attorney Shares the Risks Workers Face With High-Paying But Dangerous Jobs
Highly paid, dangerous jobs include those with a higher risk of injury or death than the average…
What Happens If You Are Hit by a Drunk Driver in Atlanta?
If a drunk driver recently hit you in the Atlanta area, know that you’re not alone: The…