Atlanta Slip-and-Fall Accident Lawyer
Atlanta Slip-and-Fall Accidents
Slip-and-fall accidents are frightening and jarring. One moment, you are walking along, and the next, you come into contact with the hard ground. As traumatic as the accident is, recovery can be even worse. You might have to miss work while you recover, and you could end up with a stack of medical bills. You can’t help but feel angry since the accident could have been prevented if the property owner hadn’t been negligent. Your stress and anger get even worse when you try to get the at-fault party’s insurance company to pay for your medical expenses. You might feel like you are alone right now, but we can be your partner during this difficult time. With our help, you can file a claim against the party responsible and collect the damages you need to recover.
Common Injuries from Slip-and-Fall Accidents
Slip-and-fall accidents are violent in nature and can lead to devastating injuries. Common injuries caused by slip and fall accidents include:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Broken Bones
- Sprained Muscle
- Herniated Discs
- Spinal Injury
- Cervical Dislocation
- Back Injuries
What expenses can be compensated?
Your Information Is Safe With Us
We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.
Why choose greathouse law?
- Free Consultation – Tell Us What Happened & See If You Have A Case And What It Might Be Worth. We do consultations by phone and virtually.
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Over 100 Google Reviews. 10.0/10.0 with 5-Star rating on respected legal website Avvo.
- Highly Responsive – We pride ourselves in fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- Efficient – Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get you your money faster.
- No Case Is Too Difficult or Complex – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matters. We do what is necessary even in difficult cases.
- Straight Shooters – You’ve made an important decision in your life. We respect you for that. Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get your life back to normal sooner.
- Caring & Compassionate (truly) – We’re sorry for what happened to you or your loved one. Our team is incredibly experienced, and they truly understand the complications that Personal Injury can bring upon a family.
- Personalized Attention – We understand and respect that every client’s needs are unique. We treat all of our clients with the attention they deserve.
- We Keep You Updated – Transparency is key. We want you to know what’s happening with your case at all points in the process.
- Flexible Meeting Times – To accommodate your busy schedule.
- No Fee Unless You Win – No attorney fees or costs unless we win your case.
- Atlanta & All Georgia – Our office is in Atlanta but we accept cases everywhere in Georgia.
- 2nd Opinions Available – Already have a lawyer? Let us provide you a 2nd opinion on your case.
- Available 24/7 – We answer the phone literally 24 hours a day 7 days a week. You may also contact us by the form on this page.
Slip-and-Fall Claim Basics
Proving liability is critical for a slip-and-fall accident. The property owner’s insurance company will investigate the situation, including the factors that caused the injury. The unsafe conditions could have been caused by employees, defective cleaning products, or other factors. After completing the investigation, the insurance company will likely tell you that the property owner is not liable, or you share the blame. This might cause the insurance company to deny the claim or offer a paltry settlement that won’t cover all of your expenses. If you agree to the settlement, the company will close your claim, and you cannot seek additional compensation in the future. It’s wise to consult an experienced car accident attorney before agreeing to a settlement.
Your attorney will go over your options. You can consider settling the case or going to trial. The attorney will go over potential outcomes for both and then formulate a plan to help you have a favorable outcome.
Slip-and-fall accidents generally occur when people encounter hazards on public or private property. Potential hazards include broken sidewalks, icy walkways, wet floors, and more. These hazards are often in place due to negligence on the property owner’s behalf. For instance, failing to install property lighting on walkways could cause people to trip over a sidewalk, just as failing to clean up spills immediately could cause a serious accident.
While property owners are often responsible for slip-and-fall accidents, that’s not always the case. Defective cleaning products, employees, or another party could be responsible. These claims must be thoroughly investigated to determine who is at fault. Then, victims can proceed by filing a personal injury claim.
“As a former felony prosecutor, I believe that there is no fight that is too small or too big to fight when seeking justice for my clients.”
Do I have a case?
If you or a loved one were injured due to a slip-and-fall accident, you might have a case against the negligent party. Georgia has strict criteria for filing personal injury cases, including a statute of limitations. You also must prove that the other party was liable for the fall that caused your injury. Due to the complexities of slip-and-fall accidents, it’s wise to consult with an experienced slip-and-fall attorney to see if you have a case. If you do have a case, your attorney will help you take legal action against the negligent party.
How much is my case worth?
You need to consult with an attorney to determine how much your slip-and-fall case is worth. Your attorney will look at the circumstances surrounding the case, your verifiable losses, and the extent of your injury when determining how much your case is worth.
We have represented countless clients in slip-and-fall cases and understand the complexities of these claims. We have recovered economic and noneconomic damages for our clients, and we can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Your Information Is Safe With Us
We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question
or to schedule an appointment if requested.
5 Spring Break Safety Tips for Families from an Experienced Atlanta, GA Personal Injury Attorney
The kids are out of school for a week, and you’re planning a family trip for spring…
An Experienced Atlanta Workers’ Comp Attorney Shares the Risks Workers Face With High-Paying But Dangerous Jobs
Highly paid, dangerous jobs include those with a higher risk of injury or death than the average…
What Happens If You Are Hit by a Drunk Driver in Atlanta?
If a drunk driver recently hit you in the Atlanta area, know that you’re not alone: The…