Atlanta Truck Accident Lawyer
Atlanta Truck Accidents
Truck accidents are emotionally, physically, and financially devastating. Your life changes at the moment of impact, and you can spend months, years, or your entire life trying to put the pieces back together. Your days are filled with medical appointments, medications, and worry, and you probably cannot work. The bills continue to grow, and the at-fault driver’s insurance company refuses to cooperate. You don’t know how you can handle the stress much longer. Fortunately, you don’t have to battle the insurance company or the at-fault driver yourself. We can handle the legal aspects of your case, so you can focus on recovering from the devastating injuries you suffered. With our help, you can file a claim against the party responsible and begin the process of collecting damages. Then, you can finally begin to put the accident behind you.
Common Injuries from Truck Accidents
With weights of 10,000 to 100,000 pounds, trucks can cause severe injuries when they crash into cars and motorcycles. Common injuries from truck accidents include:
What expenses can be compensated?
Why choose greathouse law?
- Free Consultation – Tell Us What Happened & See If You Have A Case And What It Might Be Worth. We do consultations by phone and virtually.
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Over 100 Google Reviews. 10.0/10.0 with 5-Star rating on respected legal website Avvo.
- Highly Responsive – We pride ourselves in fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- Efficient – Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get you your money faster.
- No Case Is Too Difficult or Complex – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matters. We do what is necessary even in difficult cases.
- Straight Shooters – You’ve made an important decision in your life. We respect you for that. Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get your life back to normal sooner.
- Caring & Compassionate (truly) – We’re sorry for what happened to you or your loved one. Our team is incredibly experienced, and they truly understand the complications that Personal Injury can bring upon a family
- Personalized Attention – We understand and respect that every client’s needs are unique. We treat all of our clients with the attention they deserve.
- We Keep You Updated – Transparency is key. We want you to know what’s happening with your case at all points in the process.
- Flexible Meeting Times – To accommodate your busy schedule.
- No Fee Unless You Win – No attorney fees or costs unless we win your case.
- Atlanta & All Georgia – Our office is in Atlanta but we accept cases everywhere in Georgia.
- 2nd Opinions Available – Already have a lawyer? Let us provide you a 2nd opinion on your case.
- Available 24/7 – We answer the phone literally 24 hours a day 7 days a week. You may also contact us by the form on this page.
Truck Accident Claim Basics
The truck driver’s insurance company will begin investigating the accident immediately. The insurance company will try to clear the driver of any wrongdoing. If that isn’t possible, the company will likely extend a small settlement offer to the victim. Insurance companies want to settle claims for as little as possible and make them go away. Unfortunately, some people agree to a lowball settlement, only to have major expenses down the road. They cannot receive additional compensation if they’ve already settled, so they have to handle the bills themselves. Victims should not accept a settlement or make a statement to the insurance company before consulting an experienced truck accident attorney.
Consulting with an attorney is not the same as filing a lawsuit. You have the option of settling the claim, even if you consult with an attorney. However, instead of settling yourself, your attorney can negotiate on your behalf. Your attorney also might recommend that you take the case to court to ensure you recover the necessary damages.
Most Atlanta truck accidents occur due to visibility problems. Commercial trucks often cannot see motorcycles and small vehicles, causing them to collide when the truck attempts to switch lanes. Accidents can also occur when small vehicles attempt to pass a truck. If the truck driver cannot see the vehicle, he or she is likely to cause an accident.
Truck drivers can also cause accidents when they drive at high speeds. Trucks are difficult to control at high speeds and can lead to devastating accidents. When a truck is driving at a high rate of speed, it’s hard to maneuver, and it can drive right into a slower-moving vehicle. If the truck driver was at fault for the accident, you can file a personal injury claim to collect damages.
“As a former felony prosecutor, I believe that there is no fight that is too small or too big to fight when seeking justice for my clients.”
Do I have a case?
If you or a loved one were a victim of a truck accident, you might have a case against the at-fault party. You must comply with the legal guidelines to file a successful claim. That includes filing the claim before the statute of limitations expires and proving that the other driver was at fault. You also must prove that the truck accident caused your injuries. Other conditions must be satisfied, as well. Fast and deliberate action is critical after a truck accident. An experienced truck accident attorney can evaluate the evidence, determine if you have a claim, and file the necessary paperwork on your behalf.
How much is my case worth?
Each case is unique and must be evaluated by an experienced attorney to determine potential compensation. Your attorney will consider your verifiable losses, the severity of your injury, the at-fault party’s degree of negligence, and more. Then, your attorney can provide information regarding the potential value of your legal claim.
We understand the complex nature of truck accident claims. We will evaluate your claim and then can help you recover damages that might include lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
If a drunk driver recently hit you in the Atlanta area, know that you’re not alone: The…
The Greater Atlanta area has many truck accident hotspots, especially along Interstate 85 and the I-285 Perimeter….
If you live in Atlanta, you may not know that the city experiences precipitation (rain, snow, sleet,…