Atlanta Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Atlanta, GA Work Injuries and Illnesses
Suffering an injury at work can be extremely stressful. You may struggle with reduced work capacity and medical costs, along with a debilitating condition. Unfortunately, employers and insurance companies may try to evade offering fair workers' compensation and legal benefits.
Here at Greathouse Trial Law, LLC, our workers' compensation attorneys know all about Georgia workers' compensation law. If you have encountered difficulties in getting workers' compensation, we can help you in the workers' comp claim process even if the insurance carrier denies your claim.
Common Work Injuries and Illnesses
Depending on your profession, you may be at risk of a workplace accident or related illness resulting from factors such as:
- Slips, trips, and falls, for example, due to oily surfaces, loose rugs, or ice-covered steps
- Injuries related to moving machinery such as farm or construction equipment
- Vehicle-related accidents or hit-and-runs
- Fire and explosions
- Overexertion, repetitive stress, or improper lifting
- Exposure to dangerous substances or radiation
What expenses can be compensated?
What Compensation Can I Expect?
Under Georgia law, you can expect workers' comp to pay for:
- Medical care by licensed, authorized physicians, including all necessary and relevant treatment, like X-rays, surgery, hospitalization costs, and medication
- Rehabilitation costs, such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, and therapy focused on mental health issues such as PTSD or depression
- Travel expenses for treatment
- Income loss replacement benefit of up to $575 per week or two-thirds of your average weekly wage during your temporary disability period
- PPD (Permanent Partial Disability) depending on the disability rating you receive from your treating physician
- Pain and suffering
Why choose greathouse law?
- Free Consultation – Tell Us What Happened & See If You Have A Case And What It Might Be Worth. We do consultations by phone and virtually.
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Over 100 Google Reviews. 10.0/10.0 with 5-Star rating on respected legal website Avvo.
- Highly Responsive – We pride ourselves in fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- Efficient – Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get you your money faster.
- No Case Is Too Difficult or Complex – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matters. We do what is necessary even in difficult cases.
- Straight Shooters – You’ve made an important decision in your life. We respect you for that. Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get your life back to normal sooner.
- Caring & Compassionate (truly) – We’re sorry for what happened to you or your loved one. Our team is incredibly experienced, and they truly understand the complications that Personal Injury can bring upon a family
- Personalized Attention – We understand and respect that every client’s needs are unique. We treat all of our clients with the attention they deserve.
- We Keep You Updated – Transparency is key. We want you to know what’s happening with your case at all points in the process.
- Flexible Meeting Times – To accommodate your busy schedule.
- No Fee Unless You Win – No attorney fees or costs unless we win your case.
- Atlanta & All Georgia – Our office is in Atlanta but we accept cases everywhere in Georgia.
- 2nd Opinions Available – Already have a lawyer? Let us provide you a 2nd opinion on your case.
- Available 24/7 – We answer the phone literally 24 hours a day 7 days a week. You may also contact us by the form on this page.
Do I Have a Case?
Georgia premises liability laws require your employer to maintain reasonable workplace safety. That includes issuing hazard warnings, complying with safety regulations, providing proper safety training for employees, and proper equipment maintenance.
It's important to know that:
- All employers who have three or more employees must carry workers' compensation insurance that provides coverage for medical bills and an income loss replacement benefit
- If an employee is killed in a workplace accident, the employee's spouse and dependent children are entitled to compensation. The beneficiaries or their legal representative must file a claim with the State Board of Workers' Compensation within a year of the employee's death.
- Workers' compensation benefits also apply if the injury took place off-site, such as on a client's property or any other location where you had to travel as part of your job
- Even if your employer works with a specific doctor, you have the legal right to a second opinion from a physician of your choice.
- Workplace injuries might involve a third-party claim if a sub-contractor, maintenance contractor, or anyone who is not your employer was involved in creating the workplace hazard.
To succeed in your workers' compensation claim, you should:
- File the case as soon as possible, before the state of Georgia statute of limitations is up (within two years of the accident)
- Prove that the injury or illness was indeed work-related and caused substantial damage
- Prove that you have complied with the safety procedures and regulations your employer provided
An experienced workers' compensation lawyer from our team can help you negotiate a fair settlement and obtain benefits.
What Should I Do After a Workplace Injury?
If you got hurt on the job, take the following steps:
- Report the accident to your employer, manager, or HR representative, within 30 days
- Get a doctor's evaluation and medical treatment ASAP and follow your physician's recommendations
- If possible, take photos of the workplace hazard (unsecured equipment, unsafely stored substances) and your injury
- Keep detailed written records of your injury or illness, relevant communication with your employer or any relevant third-party, medical diagnosis, and medical bills
- Contact an Atlanta workers' compensation lawyer and file a workers' comp benefits claim
Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
Even if your personal injury case seems obvious and it's clear you suffered an injury on the job, the workers' compensation system is complicated. Some employers and insurance company representatives try to deny compensating their injured workers using a range of tactics:
- Claiming that it's impossible to prove the injury or illness was work-related
Suggesting the injury was the employee's fault, such as a result of drunk driving
- Claiming that the injury or illness did not result in severe damage
- Accusing the employee of faking their injury or illness
- Misclassifying the worker as an independent contractor
- Misleadingly telling the employee that they are not entitled to a second medical opinion from their own doctor
- Discouraging the employee from seeking legal counsel and falsely claiming it may lead to denied benefits
Our workers' compensation lawyers can negotiate with workers' compensation insurance companies on your behalf, help you file a claim with the Georgia State Board of Workers' Compensation, and appeal denied claims.
We have experience in workers' compensation cases and will help you obtain benefits as quickly as possible. If your injuries are exasperated by medical malpractice, we can also pursue that claim separately.
“As a former felony prosecutor, I believe that there is no fight that is too small or too big to fight when seeking justice for my clients.”
How Much is My Atlanta Workers' Compensation Case Worth?
Different factors will determine how much your Georgia workers' compensation claim is worth. These include:
- Your salary and extent of lost wages
- Your injury and consequent medical expenses, including future medical care
- Whether your disability is temporary or permanent
- Total percentage of disability
For a more personalized case estimate, call our law offices at (678) 310-2827 or contact us through live chat right here on our website.
Why Choose Greathouse Law as Your Workers Compensation Attorney in GA
Our injury lawyers have helped many injured workers obtain the benefits. We take pride in our many successful workers' compensation claims and excellent reviews. When you choose to work with our law firm, you get the best Atlanta workers' compensation attorneys and:
- Fast response times, speed, and efficiency
- Thorough knowledge of Georgia law and common insurance carrier tactics
- Personalized attention and regular updates on your case
- 24/7 availability—every phone call gets a response
- No fee unless you win: we only receive a payment if we win your case
Our practice areas include all types of personal and work-related injury. Though our law offices are in Atlanta, Georgia, we serve clients throughout the state. Call our team at Greathouse Trial Law at (678) 310-2827 for a free consultation and case evaluation today.
Many people throughout Atlanta, GA and its suburbs ride bicycles both for transportation and enjoyment. Unfortunately, this…
Injuries at work can happen anywhere – even in the comfort of your own home. You may…
Injuries in the workplace can be devastating, especially when they put you out of work. While work…