Atlanta Driver Accident Lawyer
Atlanta Drunk Driver Accidents
Being the victim of a drunk driving accident is a distressing experience, and it’s one that’s shared by many Georgia residents. Drunk drivers cause over 20 percent of the fatal crashes in Georgia, and drunk driving is the number 1 cause of fatal accidents across the country. Drunk driving is completely preventable, so it’s hard to make sense of the injuries and pain that you suffer, making the situation even worse. It’s also hard to make sense of the at-fault driver’s insurance company attempting to get to you to take a small settlement. It’s insulting, and you don’t have to accept it. Instead, you can protect your interests by filing a claim against the drunk driver.
Common Injuries from Drunk Driver Accidents
Drunk driving accidents can cause an assortment of serious injuries. Many people deal with the effects of the injuries for months, years, or the rest of their lives. Common injuries from drunk driving accidents include:
- Spinal Cord and Back Injuries
- Neck Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Crushing Injuries to the Chest and Torso
- Extremity Injuries to the Arms and Legs
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
What expenses can be compensated?
Why choose greathouse law?
- Free Consultation – Tell Us What Happened & See If You Have A Case And What It Might Be Worth. We do consultations by phone and virtually.
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Over 100 Google Reviews. 10.0/10.0 with 5-Star rating on respected legal website Avvo.
- Highly Responsive – We pride ourselves in fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- Efficient – Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get you your money faster.
- No Case Is Too Difficult or Complex – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matters. We do what is necessary even in difficult cases.
- Straight Shooters – You’ve made an important decision in your life. We respect you for that. Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get your life back to normal sooner.
- Caring & Compassionate (truly) – We’re sorry for what happened to you or your loved one. Our team is incredibly experienced, and they truly understand the complications that Personal Injury can bring upon a family
- Personalized Attention – We understand and respect that every client’s needs are unique. We treat all of our clients with the attention they deserve.
- We Keep You Updated – Transparency is key. We want you to know what’s happening with your case at all points in the process.
- Flexible Meeting Times – To accommodate your busy schedule.
- No Fee Unless You Win – No attorney fees or costs unless we win your case.
- Atlanta & All Georgia – Our office is in Atlanta but we accept cases everywhere in Georgia.
- 2nd Opinions Available – Already have a lawyer? Let us provide you a 2nd opinion on your case.
- Available 24/7 – We answer the phone literally 24 hours a day 7 days a week. You may also contact us by the form on this page.
Drunk Driver Claim Basics
If you were injured in a drunk driver accident, the at-fault driver’s insurance company will investigate the case. The insurance company will work hard to undervalue your claim. It might falsely claim that the accident was partially your fault or that the BAC test wasn’t properly administered. If you accept a settlement offer, you cannot file a claim later. That means you will have to pay out of pocket if you need additional medical care down the road. The insurance company hopes you will agree to the settlement without consulting an experienced drunk driver accident attorney.
Hiring an attorney can help you recover the damages you deserve. Your attorney will help you determine if you should file a claim with your insurance company, seek compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance company, or file a lawsuit. The attorney can also build evidence regarding the fault. Since Georgia is a comparative negligence state, you can still recover damages, even if you were partially at-fault.
Drunk Driver Accidents
Drunk driver accidents can be complicated. In some cases, the driver is the only person at fault. However, bars, restaurants, and property owners can also be at fault for drunk driver accidents. Under the Official Code of GA § 51-1-40, these establishments or property owners might be found liable if they overserved the drunk driver. The server must have been aware that the person was driving, and the overserving must have played a role in the accident.
While it can be difficult to hold a property owner or establishment responsible for drunk driving cases, a skilled attorney can investigate the claim and gather the necessary evidence. People who have been in an accident with someone who was driving under the influence can file a personal injury claim to recover compensation.
“As a former felony prosecutor, I believe that there is no fight that is too small or too big to fight when seeking justice for my clients.”
Do I have a case?
Georgia is a “fault” state, meaning the injured party can file a claim with their insurance company or the at-fault driver’s insurance company. They also have the option to file a lawsuit. Victims of drunk driving accidents must file the case before the statute of limitations runs out. Victims also must meet other legal requirements to file a case and collect damages. The attorney and accident victim will discuss the events that led up to the crash. The attorney will determine fault and then let the victim know if he or she has a case. Because Georgie is a comparative fault state, people can collect damages, even if they were partially to blame.
How much is my case worth?
Victims must speak with an attorney to determine how much their case is worth. The attorney will evaluate different factors, including the economic losses the plaintiff suffered. Victims of drunk driver accidents are often eligible for compensational and punitive damages. After going over the evidence, the nature of the injury, and the losses, the attorney can provide victims with an estimate of how much they can expect to recover if they settle with the insurance company or go to court.
Worker’s compensation and personal injury cases seem very similar, and in some ways, they are. However, they…
One of the biggest worries for employees is that they’ll suffer an injury while on the job….
There have been several instances of polluted water found in residential areas throughout the years. This pollution…