Atlanta Scooter Accident Lawyer
Atlanta Scooter Accidents
When the city of Atlanta issued permits to nine electric scooter companies, you probably thought the scooters were safe. Scooters quickly proved to be dangerous, though, and the city issued a partial ban, making it illegal to rent and drive a scooter between the hours of 9 p.m. and 4 a.m. Even with the ban, scooter accidents are on the rise. Whether you were driving the scooter or were hit by one when walking in Atlanta, you are dealing with lots of emotions right now. You’re anxious about recovering from your injuries and worried about paying for your medical bills. You’re also frustrated with dealing with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Instead of suffering through these emotions alone, reach out to our firm. We can shoulder some of the burden and file a claim onyour behalf.
Common Injuries from Scooter Accidents
Scooters have caused an assortment of injuries in Atlanta. These injuries range in severity and, in some cases, can cause death. Common scooter accident injuries include:
What expenses can be compensated?
Why choose greathouse law?
- Free Consultation – Tell Us What Happened & See If You Have A Case And What It Might Be Worth. We do consultations by phone and virtually.
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Over 100 Google Reviews. 10.0/10.0 with 5-Star rating on respected legal website Avvo.
- Highly Responsive – We pride ourselves in fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- Efficient – Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get you your money faster.
- No Case Is Too Difficult or Complex – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matters. We do what is necessary even in difficult cases.
- Straight Shooters – You’ve made an important decision in your life. We respect you for that. Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get your life back to normal sooner.
- Caring & Compassionate (truly) – We’re sorry for what happened to you or your loved one. Our team is incredibly experienced, and they truly understand the complications that Personal Injury can bring upon a family.
- Personalized Attention – We understand and respect that every client’s needs are unique. We treat all of our clients with the attention they deserve.
- We Keep You Updated – Transparency is key. We want you to know what’s happening with your case at all points in the process.
- Flexible Meeting Times – To accommodate your busy schedule.
- No Fee Unless You Win – No attorney fees or costs unless we win your case.
- Atlanta & All Georgia – Our office is in Atlanta but we accept cases everywhere in Georgia.
- 2nd Opinions Available – Already have a lawyer? Let us provide you a 2nd opinion on your case.
- Available 24/7 – We answer the phone literally 24 hours a day 7 days a week. You may also contact us by the form on this page.
Scooter Accident Claim Basics
Witnesses often play a significant role in scooter accident claims. Even with witnesses, the at-fault driver’s insurance company will attempt to dismiss the claim or settle for less than you deserve. The insurance company might state that you cannot recover damages because you are partially at fault. However, Georgia is a comparative negligence state. If your fault is less than 50 percent, you are still eligible to recover damages, although the amount is reduced based on your degree of fault.
If you agree to a settlement, the insurance company will close the claim, and you cannot collect damages in the future. That’s why it’s so important to consult an experienced scooter accident attorney before settling with the insurance company. Consulting with an attorney doesn’t mean you have to file a lawsuit. Instead, your attorney might recommend a settlement. However, in some cases, filing a lawsuit is the best path forward if you want to be fairly compensated.
Atlanta has seen a spike in scooter accidents for a variety of reasons. Often, accidents occur due to distracted driving on the part of the automobile or scooter driver. Distracted driving can also lead to scooter drivers colliding with innocent pedestrians. Failing to obey traffic laws can also lead to scooter accidents. Driving under the influence has also led to an increase in scooter accidents. When people drive under the influence on rented scooters, they can be sued by the accident victim, the scooter company, and more.
Motorists aren’t always responsible or scooter accidents. Accidents also occur due to poor-quality scooters. If you’ve been the victim of a scooter accident, you can file a personal injury claim to recover damages.
“As a former felony prosecutor, I believe that there is no fight that is too small or too big to fight when seeking justice for my clients.”
Do I have a case?
If you were injured in a scooter accident, you might have a case. You must meet the conditions of filing a personal injury claim in Georgia, including filing before the statute of limitations runs out. You also must prove that the other party was liable for the accident and that the accident was causally related to your injuries. A single mishap when filing a claim can derail your case. Consult with an experienced scooter accident attorney to evaluate the evidence and help you file a claim against the at-fault party.
How much is my case worth?
Your attorney must evaluate your situation before determining the amount you are eligible to collect in damages. When evaluating your claim, your attorney will consider your verifiable losses and other factors, such as the severity of your injury. Future expenses will also be considered when valuing your claim.
Our record illustrates our ability to help clients like you collect the damages that they deserve. We understand the “ins and outs” of personal injury cases and help clients collect both economic and noneconomic damages.
The summertime is exciting, but it means more time in and around cars. While gearing up for…
Worker’s compensation and personal injury cases seem very similar, and in some ways, they are. However, they…
One of the biggest worries for employees is that they’ll suffer an injury while on the job….