Atlanta Dog Bite Lawyer
Atlanta Dog Bites
Being the victim of a dog bite is a traumatic experience and one that many people share. Approximately 5 million people are bitten by dogs each year in the United States, and sadly, roughly half of those victims are innocent children. Most often, people are attacked by dogs they know, such as the neighbor’s dog or the dog of a family friend, although it’s also possible to suffer an attack from an unfamiliar dog. If you are the victim of a dog bite, you likely have mounting medical bills and months or years of recovery in front of you. Filing a claim against the responsible party is necessary, so you can focus on your recovery instead of the financial ramifications of your injury.
Common Injuries From Dog Bites
Dog bites can cause serious and, in some cases, life-threatening injuries. Some people recover in weeks or months, while others live with complications from their injuries for the rest of their lives. Common dog bite injuries include:
- Puncture wounds
- Head and neck injuries
- Nerve damage
- Post-traumatic stress
What expenses can be compensated?
Why choose greathouse law?
- Free Consultation – Tell Us What Happened & See If You Have A Case And What It Might Be Worth. We do consultations by phone and virtually.
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Over 100 Google Reviews. 10.0/10.0 with 5-Star rating on respected legal website Avvo.
- Highly Responsive – We pride ourselves in fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- Efficient – Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get you your money faster.
- No Case Is Too Difficult or Complex – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matters. We do what is necessary even in difficult cases.
- Straight Shooters – You’ve made an important decision in your life. We respect you for that. Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get your life back to normal sooner.
- Caring & Compassionate (truly) – We’re sorry for what happened to you or your loved one. Our team is incredibly experienced, and they truly understand the complications that Personal Injury can bring upon a family
- Personalized Attention – We understand and respect that every client’s needs are unique. We treat all of our clients with the attention they deserve.
- We Keep You Updated – Transparency is key. We want you to know what’s happening with your case at all points in the process.
- Flexible Meeting Times – To accommodate your busy schedule.
- No Fee Unless You Win – No attorney fees or costs unless we win your case.
- Atlanta & All Georgia – Our office is in Atlanta but we accept cases everywhere in Georgia.
- 2nd Opinions Available – Already have a lawyer? Let us provide you a 2nd opinion on your case.
- Available 24/7 – We answer the phone literally 24 hours a day 7 days a week. You may also contact us by the form on this page.
Dog Bite Claim Basics
Following a dog bite, the dog’s owner or the owner’s insurance company will investigate the situation. Georgia’s dog bite laws are extremely complicated, and owners have various defenses available, such as provocation, trespassing, and negligence on the part of the victim. The owner or insurance company will mount a defense to attempt to dismiss the charges or settle the claim for much less than you deserve. Initial settlement offers are typically far too little to cover medical expenses and other damages. Consulting with an experienced dog bite attorney is necessary to protect your rights.
You don’t have to file a lawsuit just because you consult with a dog bite attorney. Your attorney might be able to negotiate a favorable settlement without going to court. However, legal action is necessary when the insurance company or dog owner does not agree to a fair settlement. No matter if your case settles out of court or goes to trial, your attorney will fight hard to make sure you receive the compensation you need to begin to put this traumatic event behind you.
Dog bites occur in Atlanta due to various reasons. In many cases, dogs bite because of owner negligence. This occurs when the owner knows that his or her dog is dangerous and yet does nothing to protect others from an attack. Negligence also occurs when owners fail to follow Atlanta’s leash laws.
Dog bites also occur when dogs are protecting something valuable to them, such as their food or toys. Some dogs attack out of fear, and other times, attacks can’t be explained. If you have been the victim of a dog bite, your attorney will investigate the claim to find out why the dog bit you and to determine if you have a case.
“As a former felony prosecutor, I believe that there is no fight that is too small or too big to fight when seeking justice for my clients.”
Do I have a case?
If you or a loved one has suffered a dog bite injury, you might have a case against the dog’s owner based on negligence or premises liability. You must file the claim before the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits is up, or you will not qualify for compensation. You also must meet additional qualifications to have a successful claim and collect damages. Fast and deliberate action is necessary after the dog bite. An experienced dog bite attorney will evaluate the evidence and determine if you have a valid legal claim against the dog’s owner.
How much is my case worth?
Every dog bite claim is different. The compensation you receive is largely based on the verifiable losses you have suffered, the circumstances surrounding the dog bite, and additional factors that your attorney will explain during the consultation. After investigating the attack, your attorney can also provide a general idea of how much you can expect to collect.
We have a successful record representing dog bite victims. With our help, you can receive the compensation you need to move forward with your life. This might include damages for past and future medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
If a drunk driver recently hit you in the Atlanta area, know that you’re not alone: The…
The Greater Atlanta area has many truck accident hotspots, especially along Interstate 85 and the I-285 Perimeter….
If you live in Atlanta, you may not know that the city experiences precipitation (rain, snow, sleet,…